This is my first post here. I’m Alessandro, one of the two crazy guys behind aKu. Hope you like it!!!
After a long long (almost a month) pause my work on aKu starts again, better than ever (I do really hope!! :-D). I’ve been really busy with university. There also has been a meeting about open source software at my university and we’ve been asked to talk about aKu. Unfortunately I can’t provide photos of the event.. :-( There’s just a video but I still have to make it digital!!
Ok, let’s go back in-topic and talk about aKu and what I’m workin’ on.
The first major thing I’m working on is moving to threads while handling the RAR process. Doing so will really speed up aKu. I’ve had some testing time with a first implementation of threads. Things really went better than synced timers (as we did before). Using threads the extraction/creation process can execute alongside aKu’s main thread without undergoing slowdowns.. However things are a bit more complicated because of some choices we made in handling rar processes. But work is still in progress and things should get better… Now aKu’s code is really messy, we don’t have a public svn domain, but if you’re crazy enough you can ask for code and I’ll be happy to provide it.. Maybe if I encounter enough requests I could give some code snapshot on this blog.. This idea has just come to my mind.. Got to think about it.
Tomorrow morning I’ll meet Francesco. We will think about some changes in aKu, low level changes maybe.. We have to clean something before the release 1.0 and then gather some ideas for next releases.. I have something in mind but I won’t tell you before talking to Fra!! :D
So stay tuned and keep ready for the next release!!
Regards. See you guys!